Jeans (posted in Shopping too)

Does anyone have a body shape like mine: slim hips & thighs, flat tush, belly pouch? I have the hardest time finding jeans and always have. And now, if I find a pair that fit great in the thighs and butt, the rise is about 2 inches! (I HATE low-rise jeans!), and if I find Mid-rise jeans that fit good around the waist, the thighs are huge!

I hate it too when jeans say: "Mid-rise, slim fit through hips & thighs", but they're NOT!

They either make them for women who have the curves & small waist or for women with flat tummys.

If you have my body type and have found jeans you love -- what brand are they? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Kind of..........I have slim hips, big muscley thighs, NO BUTT, and a c-section pouch! I have found some jeans I really like at Lane Bryant but they only go down to a size 14 I think so if you are too skinny, they probably wont work!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes. I love GAP jeans. Have you tried them? It seems they have shapes and sizes for all.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have the same problem! Pac Sun usually has jeans that can fit me (size 9) and I LEI and Union Bay (size 9). I have to shop in the juniors department for jeans because our body types are the same as teenagers before they get hips! LOL.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• "Yes. I love GAP jeans. Have you tried them? It seems they have shapes and sizes for all."

I went there today and no luck! I do, however, have a couple pairs from there from years ago. One pair fits almost perfect, but I bought them at an outlet store (TJ Maxx or Marshalls). The other is a pair of cords I got there 2 years ago and they fit wonderful (but I want jeans). Every time I wear these cords, people ask me if I've lost weight!

Anonymous

• "I have to shop in the juniors department for jeans because our body types are the same as teenagers before they get hips!"

I use to shop in the jr's dept. all the time, but now, their jeans are LOW rise! They're the perfect example of fitting great on me elsewhere, EXCEPT the tummy.

Plus, I'm too old to shop there anymore.

Anonymous

• BKE from the buckle...i know it's a teenage store or whatever, but the jeans i get there, are higher in the back and a little higher in the front,..they're still low but not what you would find in the jrs department in other stores...they go by width and length.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008