How do i get my husband to stop always coming to me when our 2 month old fusses?

My husband keeps coming to me when our son fusses. He keeps saying i dont know what he wants or i dont know what to do I have told him to go down the check list but if it aint the first 3 he does he yells for me and i have to drop wat im doing no matter what im doing got any advice

queenpirate

Asked by queenpirate at 11:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• BUMP! My husband never checked on the kids or tried to get them calm when they were that young, it was my "job"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Tell him to figure it the fuck out already!! What,.... like giving birth made you some all knowing guru? Hes a Daddy. He CAN go through all the same things you do to know what it is he wants. Your hubby is just trying early on to make you YOU do 100% of the work with the baby. Apparently making the baby is all he wants to be involved with. And it will be that way if you let him.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• so you have 2 babies in the house your hubby does not want to read the list it is alot easyer to call you and you come running
    some one needs good kick in the ass and you know who i mean
    by time he wants to spend time with his child the boy will be off to collage to late for him then
    tell to suck it up all men make mistake with first child when next one comes he will be pro
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• First baby?? Husbands do not have the mothering instincts that women have, and they are smart enough to know it. I think you should be thankful he tries to help you out and not expect that he be as good at it as you are. Besides that, it is a known fact that babies are simply more quickly calmed by their mothers than anyone else. That's because he just spent 9 months in your belly and he feels a bit closer to you than to anyone else. And your baby is only 2 months old. Sounds to me like your husband has got this thing figured out pretty well. You can tell him that there is one 64-year old grandmother of 6 that thinks he's one pretty smart dude.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It is hard because most women do all the displine work and men work but working with kids is really hard at times but your husband depends on you to much with this problem he needs to walk in your shoes to appreciate all that you do. Good Luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Because men's breasts do not offer comfort

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011