How to minimize kid-fussing when I have to go to work in the morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You get ready, say your goodbys and walk out the door. DONT let the kid guilt you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I agree. It's hard leaving but you have to do it. Trust me, they will cry at first, but very shortly they turn their attention on something else. Be strong. Good luck.
    Crimsonpope31

Answer by Crimsonpope31 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My 2 yo actually does much better when I say see you later than saying good bye. We have been using this technique since she was about 1 and she will be 3 in June. If I say good bye then she will cry and fuss, but if I say see you later she gives me kisses and then tells me that she loves me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I guess it's actually easier for the kids than the moms, huh?.. ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have the poster child for seperation anxiety, and kids know when you linger that you feel guilty and they feed on it like sharks. Never leave without saying goodby, but make it short and sweet. There is a very cute book called the kissing hand by Audrey Penn that is very sweet. Now fuss or no fuss I kiss my son on the hand and I dart. On the occasions he still is upset he calms down very quickly.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 21, 2011