Do you avoid doing home projects with your DH?

I swear I am going to swear off doing them with my DH...like the plague. He is so temperamental and mouthy when we're doing even a simple task. I always tell him, I'm glad this is not our first date, because you wouldn't see a second one. It's kinda funny in a way because it is so childish but stressful. I'm usually not even in the wrong...just not doing it right or fast enough. LOL.

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol. For the most part, yes. We have very diffferent working styles and special skills. For us it is better if we work solo towards the same goal. If we need each others help that's different. Nanixh- I am still repainting my sweeties last painting job. You are not alone.. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Mine is always going to do things around the house , but it is all words and no action . He is the Prince of Procrastination. We spent a year in our present home waiting for him to hang pictures , many promises , nothing doing , so I did it . If you want anything doing , do it yourself is my motto. He is a good parent, lover and cook but anything else .....forget it .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Na I would love them to do.......
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We don't do home projects together. We don't even clean in the same room the other is cleaning. We've learned to pick the fights that are worth it, and we do some things so completely differently that there is just no use in trying. Then after we are done with whatever we're doing, we watch a movie or have some "us" time. Our "us" time is better left reserved for the fun things. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Nope and we have the stupid arguements to but they usually always make for a funny story later.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i love doing them my husband hates it.. well i would never hand my husband another paintbrush ... although i would give my husband a wrench an fix my suv, would i be out there with him.. NO.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I can't stand painting with my husband. We did the girls bedroom a couple months back and he's all hurry hurry and does sloppy work which gets on my nerves because if you take your time and do it right the first time then you don't have to go back and fix what was messed up. So the whole 2 days we were painting I was bitching at him and he was getting fed up with me bitching. It was fun. I told him the next project that involves painting, I'll just do it myself.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• sure he has sometime kind of negativity moments...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We work well together

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• thats funny that you tell him that
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011