Adviced please?

my husband and i are thinking to have intimacy in this period of time sometimes i would like to be with him but well i'm 15 weeks and 2 days and i would like to know if it is o.k, my husband is worried i'm worried if we hurt the baby and the doctor didn't give us any answers, and i don't know what to do some of my cousins is also pregnant and she had intimacy with her husband and she told me that hurt and that after that she started bleeding once i heard that it keep me thinking WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND ME?

Milindus

Asked by Milindus at 12:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being intimate with your so is considered safe unless your doctor said not to for some medical reason. Because of the extra blood flow to the cervix and surrounding tissues, it is sometimes common to have some spotting after sex.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 12:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Having sex is fine during pregnancy as long as no one has any type of STD and it is not uncomfortable for you. In fact, when you are closer to deliver, 38 weeks or so, they say that semen can help induce labor so they encourage sex. Sex can cause some spotting as well.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I agree sex is safe thruout the whole pregnancy, unless you have complications.... check with your ob.
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Unless your doctor tells you not to for some reason, sex is fine and won't hurt the baby. The hormonal changes in you can make it a bit uncomfortable when it wasn't before, but you just have to experiment with different positions and find what works for you. And get some KY Jelly, it's a life saver!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh, and a little bit of spotting after sex is normal; nothing to worry about unless it doesn't go away in a day or so or it's more than just spotting.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008