Does your SO/DO?

Does your SO/DH ever fuss at your about how much things cost? I went to Sears today to put some curtians on lay-a-way. I told him before hand, they probably weren't going to be cheap and I didn't want to hear any fussing from him. When we got there I told him he might want to go somewhere else while I picked out curtians because he wasn't going to be happy, but he insisted on staying by my side. He bitched about EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! I ended up getting some sheer curtains that I didn't really like because they were one sale for 7$ a panel just so he would shut up! The ones I wanted were 20$ a panel, and I need 6 of them. He just kept saying, why don't you make some? It would be cheaper! I was like yea ok, between working full time and dealing with the house and a 15 mo old baby I'm going to have time to make freaking curtains! I was ready to strangle him by the end of the day.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep all the time. I mostly think its because my DH doesn't shop so he has no clue what things cost these days. However, if he wanted a video game system, I don't think he would even bat an eyelash. Anyway, aren't curtains a bit difficult to make and time consuming and not to mention, finding an inexpensive yet attractive fabric?
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Mine is much the same . If he comes shopping with me it is like having a security escort to ensure I don't spend money .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm glad I'm not the only one! I worked my butt off in college and finally got a good job, and you know what, if I want to spend a little bit of money, I'm going too!! Esp. if it's something for the house! Usually if I buy something for me, then I get cash that way he can't trace it lol. I thought he was going to die ebcause I spent 50$ on an outfit for work. When I explained to him that if he were to buy pants and a shirt it would also cost 50$ or more (he's 6'8") and he just waved his hand at me and said "psh" sigh.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Only when it's HIS money! Cheapskate!
    MaterialGirl198

Answer by MaterialGirl198 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Not really
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• In the past my hubs was really cool about shopping with me, and he never really minded the money I spent. In fact he could spend money sometimes himself (like buying a new laser disk player on a whim..). But now that his job is going to be gone sometime this year he is starting to keep a close eye on finances and where money is spent and is not wanting me to spend on 'extras'. (which I do understand his point, but sometimes it is a bit annoying to hear him fuss about it).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No. I am more picky about what we spend than he is. Of course I handle the bills and accounts, so..... :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• plan and deal for the best option.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Even $20 a panel is CHEAP!!! Sounds like your hubby makes ALL the money and pays the bills. Sometimes you HAVE to do without or go cheap in order to pay the bills that matter. Then again, some men are just clueless about the cost of good.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• always.. men have to fuss about everything
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2011