Does sex delay your period

I was suppose to get my period but I had sex the day before and the day I was suppose to get it could that be the reason am late?

Mizz.VICKY

Asked by Mizz.VICKY at 12:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Sometimes it can delay...sometimes it can make it come sooner. Your cycle is probably changing. Don't worry about it. And plus...you can't get pregnant that quickly if that's what you're worried about.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No, I've never heard of that.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh yes it can, it can also make it come early. Your cycle may be off due to many reasons, but if the only time you had sex was 1 day before your expected period there's less then a 1% chance your pregnant. Could happen, but really unlikely.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• have you been having unprotected sex before that or having protected sex and something went wrong with the condom/bc I dont think it was the sex holding it off unless it is your first time I would take a pregnancy test
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 12:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No I know well I didn't think u could get pegnet that quick it's just I was already having cramps my boobs were hurting and still are very bad and usually it helps me get my period but never delay it so it's weird for me
    Mizz.VICKY

Comment by Mizz.VICKY (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I did have unpertected sex sumtime last month about 2 days after my period but I had all the signs of getting my period this month he pulled out I know it dosent always work we don't like using condoms cuz the fact am allergic I was on birth control 4 some time but was havin to many side effects so I deside to stop taking it
    Mizz.VICKY

Comment by Mizz.VICKY (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Unsure.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Sure it does....especially if you are having UNPROTECTED sex....can anyone say pregnancy? But if you have recently gotten off of birth control, your cycles can take a while to go back to normal. And if you don't want to be pregnant, then find SOME kind of protection! (They make non latex condoms)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• That would always make mine come faster. Like if I was a day late and I got tired of checking, I would have sex that night and ended up waking in the morning with my period.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2011