How do you feel about alcohol?

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and for the past few weeks i crave wine, which is wired becouse i'm not really a drinker... I wouldn't touch it anyways, but just wanted to hear your oppinion on drinking during pregnancy...

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you should try drinking grape juice instead of wine, just to satisfy the craving? Or I believe they sell non-alcoholic wine at grocery stores, but I'm not sure how good it is. I have heard some women who have a glass of wine now and then throughout their pregnancy, especially in the last couple of weeks it can be used to sort of "treat" or comfort BH contractions, but I don't know if I would do it. Or I would definitely get my doctor's advice first.
    bellamama09

Answer by bellamama09 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My dr suggested having a glass of red wine in my last few weeks to help to calm my nerves a little. I don't think there is anything wrong with about 2 oz of wine--I wouldn't over due it because it would cause damage to the baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I HAVE SEEN IT THAT 1 GLASS OF WINE A DAY IS OK DURING PREGNANCY.....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 12:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have never drank alcohol with my 2 previous or this pregnancy...but have heard and read that a little red wine is ok. I would check with your obgyn first : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• What you're REALLY craving might be the antioxidants in wine. Try grape or cranberry juice instead.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008