is this a pregnancy symptom?

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have been on bedrest since Friday due to bleeding and cramping (which is a whole nother issue...) but I've noticed that I've been really out of breath lately. I haven't been doing anything though- just lying on the couch or in bed, watching tv or reading books, and yet I'm still short of breath, and it feels like my heart is racing. Is this a pregnancy symptom? If so, can someone explain it to me? I'm not overweight, I'm pretty lean and fit, I'm a massage therapist and I eat healthy and exercise (when I'm not on bedrest). I usually have pretty low blood pressure so I was thinking maybe this is a side effect of my blood pressure and volume increasing? But then I've been bleeding so maybe my blood pressure has dropped? But would any of these things affect my heart rate? Or maybe I'm just going crazy?? Please help!

bellamama09

Asked by bellamama09 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ok...def need to see a doc, but i'm sure you alrd know that or have! I found the same thing happening to me, and my doc said it was because when we're prego..we have more blood in our system so our heart does work a bit more to pump a larger amount of blood. My friend Krissi also had cramping and bleeding and the bleeding was on and off through out her entire pregnancy! She delivered a healthy baby boy 8 lbs! Hope everything work's out for you and congrat's..being a mommy is like nothing else on earth, no other love can even compare!!!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008