Baby waking up scteaming and being mean

He is 15 months old and for the past week he has been waking up screaming and throwing fits. Nothing satisfies him. When I try to calm him down he hits and rares back.

Is this normal? What could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He eventually goes back to sleep bit it worries me that he does this for no reason :-/ but thanks! I will try
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My dd did that when she just 1 and she woul;d wake up screaming like she was in pain. Her doctor told me it might be a form of night terrors. If thats what it is, its best not to wake him. It does look like they are awake, but they are not. This good be why he fights u when u go in his room to calm him. Lety it runs the course for a few mintues or so and see what happens
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• When my dd would get the night terrors, u coul;d look at her and swear she was awake cause she would sit up and cry for a abour 4 min, it does seem to last forever, and its it was very hard for me not to do anything, but u got to let it run it course. This normally will last for maybe a month or so. Most times it doesn't happen every night but it seemed to.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• maybe he is having night terrors and he is just really scared
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you think it is a mood thing, not night terrors, it could just be that he isn't ready to wake up or wakes up very slowly. If we run in to get my 2.5 yr old too quickly he has a tantrum type thing. If yours is in a crib, try a new comfy toy, or an old one, or a regular toy...mine will entertain himself now until he's ready to actually get up.

If it's the middle of the night, I would have to agree with the others about night terrors.

Hope it all works out!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2011