What keeps born-again Christians from comitting suicide?

Inspired by this quote from another question.

"I for one, cannot wait! This world gets worse, and becomes more depraved and perverted everyday. I'm so ready to spend eternity with my Heavenly Father,and my Lord and Savior. "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sure if they didn't think suicide was a sin, they'd all be lining up to toss themselves off a cliff in order to be with their god.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would have to say faith in God that He will take care of them. Maybe that suicide is considered the ultimate sin because it is the one thing you cannot repent from. Maybe because suicide is self murder, against the Commandment "thou shalt not kill"
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Um... I just have to say no comment. :/
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Committing suicide will not get you through the gates of heaven. Only one man can determine your fate and that is God. This is my belief.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Most Christians believe that by committing suicide, you cannot enter heaven. Hence, they'd lose out on what God has in store for them in heaven. So it would be counterproductive.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Um, maybe because one of the Ten Commandments says "thou shalt not kill" and they take that to include themselves.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• As long as they are enjoying their time together here and growing and learning as Christians, it's a positive adventure that they are allowing God to navigate.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 3:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You are crazy! The world is changing and growing as with anything that exists... it's called evolution. If you are refering to things like the tsunami and earth qauke in Japan then you might as well know there was an even larger earth qauke in chili during May of 1960. Why didn't the world end then?
    And re-born again Christians are nothing but Christians being Christians! We all have to ask for forgiveness at one time or another. And I think I heard it mentioned once that no sin is greater than another.
    You are the first perfect person I ever met so congatulations!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 1:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2011