Anyone know anything about Texas Health Steps?

I received a voice mail from a woman claiming to be with Texas Health Steps & threatening to send someone to my house for a "home visit" if I did not return her call the next day, the message was left on Fri & I didn't get it till Sat, I have nothing to hide but am concerned about the reason for the message. Anyone know if they routinely do "home visits" or what this could be about? My ds is not 8 wks yet so shots & check-ups are up to date.

txgrl4lf

Asked by txgrl4lf at 1:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• its a program thru Medicaid, supposedly to make sure kids are up to date on dr visits and shots. My ss has mediciad since he is on SSi and we have private insurance as well. Before our pedi took Medicaid, I would get reminder letters about him not being up to date. I called them and gave them 6 kinds of hell. I told them we have private insurance and our dr was not required to report to them. Now that she accepts medicaid, I guess she tells them when we come in because we havnt had a letter from them in a while. No phone calls tho. I would tell Miss Social Worker to back the f off, you are grown and dont need her threatening a home visit to make sure you are taking care of your kid. Then ask for her supervisor and tell them the threatening manner the message was left in. Just because you get assistance for health care doesnt mean you are an idiot.
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2011