Don't like my niece-n-law????

This sounds crazy and I prob. am wrong but I don't like my niece-n-law's attitude and don't want her hanging around my daughter. She acts so mature (which is not her fault, but her mom's) she doesn't want to share and really is condescending. I've tired to look over it, in a nice way explain how to get along and understand family relationships. But, her mom does not correct her and I give her plenty of chances. The KICKER is she is 5!! Yes! my daughter just turned 3. My daughter LOVES her and follows her around, hugging, kissing, imitating, etc. But she looks at her smug and abuses her seniority. Maybe I am petty but I don't want this treatment to affect my daughter good character and intentions she VERY smart and notices a lot! mmmmmm????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, that is behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in my own children so yes I would definitely have a problem with it.  I would speak to the mama first but after that if she didn't start correcting her child the playtime would be over. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You need to intervene and show her how to share, play cooperatively, etc. It is not her fault she acts this way. She needs direction and guidance. It can all be done in a caring, loving, manner.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You could tell the kid"That is not nice, do this instead"If you do that enough two things will happen.The kid will be nicer, or her momma will not want you around her child.Either way the problem is solved.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 7:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I've actually done that, and she will do it while I show her or sometimes while I'm around. But when I am not she reverts to her old ways. For example: They were playing in the playroom all of a sudden, my daughter comes out crying eyes watering and red. Something had poked both eyes. The older cousin immediately says she fell on her hair bows. When I asked my daughter what happen she tells me her cousin pushed her down. This went on until finally I asked her cousin to tell me what happened and she told me she pushed her and it was an accident. No one said anything to her. So I told her she has to tell the truth no matter what. I am wondering if this happens when I am NOT around??? I correct my children when they are wrong PERIOD.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• should I teach her to do these actions back to kids OR to walk away and do what is right??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011