Afraid of the TOILET?

My 3yr old is afraid of the automatic toilets and actually using the toilet alone with the door closed. But today she almost peed on herself because the automatic toilet flushed when she was trying to sit on it....lol! She screamed because I tried to sit her back on the toilet. LOL!!!
How can I help her get over this.....quickly!?

novice2008

Asked by novice2008 at 3:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 5 year old peed all over the darn stall the first time he had to pee in one of those toilets, lol.  He knew what to expect the next time so it wasn't so hard but man I almost cried I was laughing so hard.  I didn't know it was an automatic either and it scared the crap out of me too, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It's startling, especially when it's the first time. My daughter hates it when the flush is really loud. Hopefully she's willing to try again. Prepare her if you know it's an automatic flush and maybe her confidence will develop.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yeah, my son hates them! He refused to use them for the longest time! He is alright with them now, but it was pretty funny, lol.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• lol just tell her that it does tha or show her how it works . you know by waving your hand over it and then it flushes it. Maybe that will help her anxiety.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You might try blocking the sensor while she's on it. My son was afraid of the auto-flush they had in the kindergarten classroom where he had preschool last summer. They just put tape over it to stop it from flushing by itself. He has gotten better but still isn't wild about the concept. Some places (malls in particular) have family restrooms. They often don't have the autoflush in them.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011