Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

I wanna run away and not be a mom anymore!!!

my life is falling apart and im not even in the right shape to take care of 1 1/2 yo DS my brother jus died, i got fired, and currently have no car or place to live. I dont wanna abandon my son but i need some advice or helpful words cuz right now i wish


Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • Life is often difficult and stressful, but your child needs you. He doesn't need you perfect, just there! He needs to know you love him, and that you will never leave him. Figure your life out with Jr in the mix. Find the help you need at a church, or the county health dept, or a neighbor, but don't give up on that little one! You are all he has. Make his life a happy one because he knows mommy loves him... no matter what! If you are completely unable to do that, then put him first, and find an adoptive family that is.

    Answer by TinaHohman at 4:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • You just lost your brother.And I know it is hard for you right now.But I know if you were done with your son, this wouldn't be so difficult for you.I agree with Tinahohman about the adoption part.I am 46.and have had some bad times too.All I know is that if God leads you to it,God leads you thru it.

    Answer by evelynwest at 7:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • I am so sorry this is happening to you and your little one, I can't imagine the pain you feel right now. You don't have family or even a singel friend that you can turn to? If that is the case, I would contact your local Social Services for help.If you have no place, no car, and no job then it's obvious you can't do this right now. I would think they could help you by place him somewhere' temporaritly" until you get on you feet and be able to stay in his life while you get this worked out. I fostered 3 kids and every week they saw there parents several times in fact, and the parents were involved in everything they did. Eventuallly they got them back! Your not a bad parent , you just need help. I wish you the best sweetie, hang in there!

    Answer by anichols1 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • Hang in there sweetie. Life's rough & not fair sometimes but you gotta roll with the punches mama.hugs


    Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • Is there a family member or someone who can possibly help you? Check out resources in your state for financial help. I am so sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts and my prayers are with you. I also helped a mom before with her baby, until she got her life straight. You just seem to need some help, and reaching out for it is the best thing you can do for both you and your little one. Please keep us posted. I hope everything will be okay.

    Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • Don't do anything harsh take a breath ok....there are alot of programs for you and you qualify for you can get section 8 housing which is for people with little to no income and you qualify for food stamps and since you got fired file for unemployment benefits. It will get better and I am so sorry about your brother.
    I lost my brother my house and my job all in the same year too and it was hard i used all my savings just to pay the bills ended up moving into a appt after living in my own house and now renting, got unemployment for a few months then found a low paying job but it was a job. It's been 6 years now and I still miss my brother but I have a good job now and a nice place and even got married so there is life after all this....keep your baby....

    Answer by dusty1962 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • I had a responsible adult i could leave him w/ who was stable until i get my life figured out, but i dont. Im just really lost!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • I am so sorry that times are so rough for you right now. I understand what you are going through. They are all right your son needs you now more than ever and you need him too. Don't give up or give in. Go to a church and talk to a pastor he might be able to help you in more ways than you can ever know. Some times they have connections with a lot of different people and companies where he might be able to help you to find a place to live, and maybe even a temporary job. Good Luck Sweety and hang in there.

    Answer by stitchintime at 8:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • I would leave my child with the responsible adult while I got myself together. It isn't about you, it is about your son. DO right by him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

  • Sweetie im sorry you are going through this you should go to social services they should be able to help you with food stamps for you and your baby also immediate cash so you can get at least a hotel room i know theycan assist. Youwith job training and job placement also help you with child care. Hang in there it will get better.

    Answer by morenarfr05 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2011