I hate how they look at me...

so i really have been wondering why everytime i see other young moms like me they always look at me as if i'm an alien... maybe it's because i take care of myself and they look as if they gave up on themselves because they are moms ! it's like they think because i take care of myself i'm a bad mom but i am a GREAT mom i hate it i don't really care what other people think but it's anoying though... i know most of the moms on CM are american so maybe it's not the same as here in europe... but really most young moms here are very fat and don't take care of themselves and i feel that because i'm skinny they look like that... maybe they are jelous... i think having a baby doesn't mean you should stay fat and stop taking care of yourself like they do i mean only the fat young moms look at me like that...
i don't think it's coincidence... because it's since i lost weight i feel that they are starring at me because i'm skinny?... i'm about 108 pounds and 5"3 but i have never realle been very fat the most i ever weight was 127pounds ...

krystina888

Asked by krystina888 at 4:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Health

• You feel that they're staring at you? Or are they really staring? Cause I don't care how pretty the Momma is, I am not going to be interested in anything but the baby. And yes, I stare at the kid. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm going to defend the OP here. I live in America and have been verbally attacked because I am thin (5'7" and 116 pounds). I have also been a lot heavier and have verbally attacked for that as well. I don't think anybody is saying they are better than anyone else but the fact is that women do judge and make snarky comments when it comes to weight, whether underweight or overweight. And yes, Europeans are much thinner (not anorexic) overall than Americans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yea i know what your saying im a young mother too and dont like how people look at mee too expessially wen i was going to hight schol back in the days awww man id always get them looks and hated it.. seriously thed give me a look and i think is my hair ok is there something on me face lol but yea nah im not an american im jsut an Australian mommy and loveing motherhood dont worry about it jsut egnore them dont even look at them by the way thats good thet your looking after yourself i am too you have too for your babys sake and yours.... by the way i dont know how many kgs that its i dont know how to put pounds into kgs
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 5:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• 127pounds are 58kilos 108 is about 49kg
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 5:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• wow thats a good weight im 65 to 67kg at the moment most of it is all mussle but wanna losse some and get to 59 or 58 kg so yea
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 5:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i mean i was 58 the day i have birth to my son and now i'm 49..
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 5:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• gave birth
    krystina888

• WOW jealous of you because your skinny ? let me be the first to say I am and always have been on the thicker side of the fence !! And never in a million years have I ever been jealous of a skinny person "NEVER" so to say that they are jealous of you because you are skinny is a bit outrageous ! Maybe they were just admiring that you are a beautiful young mother. Hell I've seen some of the largest girls with some of the finest men. So don't be so quick to say someone is jealous of you because you don't know what they are thinking.
    MOMMIE227

Answer by MOMMIE227 at 5:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I agree anon and that really could have been the issue right there !
    MOMMIE227

Answer by MOMMIE227 at 5:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i know that in america being overweighted is normal but here in europe and asia it's not, woman watch their weight a lot and try to be healthy
    i didn't mention anything about men though
    krystina888

Comment by krystina888 (original poster) at 5:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011