anyone so afraid of the

dentist even though your teeth are rotting and falling out you still refuse to go to the dentist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My mom gets anxiety when she goes. do you have someone that can go with you? My mom always asks for the laughing gas... you are totally aware of whats going on, it just makes you relaxed... even my 6yr old daughter had it when they had to pull a baby tooth

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I go when I have to, but I hate that place....just the smell of it makes me feel sick!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• No... I have went thru a lot of oral sugeries. I am quite used to them, pain and all. sigh........
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Tooth pain is horrable!!!! So when ever I feel any pain or discomfort I run to my dentist, it will hurt so a bit but then i'll be all good:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I am. I got about 7 or 8 novacane shots for a root canal and was still crying. I want to go to a sedation dentist but I've heard some weird strories and would feel like someone would do something wrong to me. Kinda same reason I don't drink. I'm worried I'd pass out and wouldn't know if stuff was ever done to me.
    Anonymous

• I'm still scared at 35 but I go every six months.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm scared sh*tless. My teeth aren't rotting out or anything, but I haven't been in 9 years. I just scheduled an appointment because I think I'm getting a cavity in one of my front teeth ((despite my dental hygiene efforts) and I want to catch it before it shows. :/ Besides, I have to get it all taken care of before I can get Invis-Align.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 11:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes, I use to get anixety attacks and cancel my apts. with some dentists, but the dentist I'm not afraid of is expensive $$$. Just do it afraid..LOL You have to go :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 2:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• my teeth are rotting away and i think i need partial back dentures, every 6 months or so one or two of my teeth have fallen out . i wonder if they have a night time pill like a sleep pill i could take so i don't have to see or hear the sounds of the dentist office, and the smell when you walk in makes me gag and oddly i am one of those people who throw up with the smells of mint, or spearmint candy , gum, ect. i can't even go near the candy lane or let my kids buy or chew minty gum or candy.....i'll gag!!!!
    Anonymous

• I have a horrible fear of the dentist!!! When I was a child I went so much, about every month or so. I had alot of dental work done as a kid. Now I am so scared of the dentist. I haven't been in over 10 years!! I have alot of fillings in my back teeth, and now they are beginning to come out, and now I have big holes in my back teeth! I think all of my back teeth had fillings,and now they are falling out!!
    Anonymous