Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of thermometer should i get for the baby when its born?

Answer Question

Asked by Expectingmom164 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

Level 4 (37 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • you can do a regular oral thermometer. there are also those binki thermometers but my son wouldnt keep it in his mouth long enough. so we finally broke down and bought one that you just rolls across his forehead. i love it. its so fast

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • The paci thermometer's never worked for us either, the nipple was so long that my sons both gagged on them. My doctor suggested trying one of the forehead ones too, haven't yet but he says they're fast and reliable.

    Answer by Slinkee at 1:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • We used an under the arm one that we got when my son was in the nicu. I guess since he was used to it from the beginning he laid still for it. We now have an ear thermometer. It is quick and seems to work well.

    Answer by JamieLK at 1:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.