Out of surgery

My MIL had surgery yesterday. well when she came out her bp was down in the 40s. as of last night when I talked to my FIL, she was still in the ICU. will they keep her in longer? She had a partial hysterectomy and there was no incisions. The dr. said that she should still be able to come home tomorrow!!! does that sound right?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 12:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• She could have had a reaction to any type of medications that were used. It sounds like this may have happened.. does she have any other type of problems, such as overweight, diabetes? Also remember that the anesthesia can cause a drop in BP, and they have to fully come out of the anesthesia to be able to leave the hospital. She might have had some issues "coming out".
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It could be she's just a little dehydrated, that can cause your pressure to drop. It could have something to do with the meds she's on even. I doubt they will actually let her go home if it remains in the 40's though. Mine is normally about 90/60 and the last time I had to be hospitalized they wouldn't release me until I was at least in the 50s. If her bp is that low she probably won't even be able to stand or sit upright without passing out.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008