What would you do if your kids had a quick free for all ?

I was in my bed room cleaning it and all of the suddan my nine yr old Curtis say " mom come look at what javon did" . Javon he's my three yr old. I came out to the living room and there was nothing but, paint red, blue, green all over my living room sofa ,walls, curtains , area rug. I was stuck just standing there I did not know what to do. I wanted to just go off the walls. I took a deep breath and got my kids and went and got a rug doctor and brought it home and just started cleaning. The paint came up. But, I'm still pissed. What would you have done if you seen this?

HotMomma2622

Asked by HotMomma2622 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They would have been helping with the cleaning. Then they would have lost a privilege for the day. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh belive me I had them helping me too. One had a scrub brush and the other had a rag.
    HotMomma2622

Comment by HotMomma2622 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would also post a chart with the cleaning costs and make them do extra chores until they'd "paid" it off.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would've probably just stood there like you did in sheer disbelief. Then I would've taken a video so my husband could see. My son and I have movie night on Sunday nights so instead of a kid movie, he would have to watch a boring (at least to him) movie or go to bed. Then secretly I would be excited if it ruined my couches because I REALLY want new ones but don't need them :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• lol thats a good one. My husband to be was at work. Thank god my new sofa I have not paid off yet the paint did come out of it. I was kind of hoping the paint did not come out of my curtains so I could go to walmart and get some more. lol but, the paint came out. Darn it. l.o.l.
    HotMomma2622

Comment by HotMomma2622 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would have blamed myself for leaving the paint there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yeah you would not leave your name here after saying that. I have got baby locks on the door. so no i dont blame my self.
    HotMomma2622

Comment by HotMomma2622 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I remember taking a shower and coming out to find my clean house destroyed in ways that cannot be comprehended: a bag of cat food being tossed around my living room, their million piece toy sets out and all over (legos, games, etc), the drinks I had on the table spilled, and there was a lot more I have blocked out for my own sanity. I made them clean it for hours. Hasn't happened again, at least not to that magnitude.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I feel your pain. I get scared just to go to the bathroom now. They did help clean it.
    HotMomma2622

Comment by HotMomma2622 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My kids would NEVER EVER get pain or crayons unsupervised again. The older one probably gave the pain to the little one to boot!! WHAT were YOU thinking leaving it where either kid could get a hold of it???? Big DERRRR!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2011