My bf's mom doesnt want him with me while im having another man's child!

I got pregnant while we werent together and when we got back together is when i found out. The babys real father isnt around and my bf wants to be there for thid child like its his own but his parents not just his mom doesnt want him to. His mom said all he was gonna be was "step dad" and all thise stuff. At first my bf told her it was his and she was gonna ask me to take a test because she didnt believe it was his. so i told my bf just be honest, and now she really freaking out on him. I feel really bad because i dont wanna cause trouble between him and his parents. And its like i didnt ask him to, he just wants to because we love each other a lot. The past 2days he been trying to convince his mom to change her mind but she wont. I dont know what to do. I need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• You broke up, had unprotected sex with another man, got pregnant, got back with the boyfriend and you wonder why his parents aren't approving of this relationship?? Make me wonder just how old the both of you are??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you were slipped a date rape drug, you wouldnt remember the condom breaking...or if one was even used. This is from someone who has been date raped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• He's a man let him make his own decisions and fight his own battles.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• vbruno - that is the worst suggestion. To saddle a child that isn't his with the responsibilities any way. How petty and vindictive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If he is not a legal adult, it is his mother's job to make these decisions.. She is protecting her son.. This is something every parent does.. If he he a legal adult, not living with, or being supported by his mother.. Her opinion doesn't matter.. IF he is an adult, and will allow himself to ordered about by his mother, legal age or not, he is not a man and is absolutley not ready to be a father..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 9:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• How old is your boyfriend? Are you both still very young that his parents are concerned with him taking on a big responsibility when he is still trying to get his education or does he have a full time good paying career? If I were the parents of your boyfriend I would also be concerned if this were the case. But, if he is a responsible, career driven man then he is just that and his parents should back off and let him make his own adult decisions.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You really dont understand why she feels this way? Really?
    I have sons and if any of their gfs did something like this I know I would not approve either. Maybe I would handle it differently, and tell him he could do whatever he wanted, but I would probably not welcome the girl into my household again. It is a trust issue. You to her betrayed her son, come back pregnant and to her makes it look like your asking him to take you and the baby back./ You have a baby together, to be with you he has no choice but to accept this situation. That is her problem.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• it wasnt unprotected sex, the condom broke n my bc failed. We hadnt been dating for a while and i made a mistake by turning a second and not realizing someone slipped a roofy in my drink. We got back together 2weeks later and i barely even remembered that night until i started feeling sick and missed my period.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If he wants to be a father to your baby, then that is a decision between him and you despite the fact that his mom/parents may not agree.
    But it is also an important decision as well because you will both need to be sure about your relationship as a couple because now a new life will be coming. Just because your bf would be a stepdad doesn't mean anything. He can stlll give love, support, and be a positive role model as if the child was his own. Good luck to you.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Condom broke AND birth control failed AND a roofy was slipped in your drink???

Right, keep telling that story and someone might believe it - including yourself.
    Anonymous