Baby suddenly very wakeful?

My son is 7 months old. Until recently he has pretty much always been a decent sleeper, with a few exceptions. But in the last few days he has started waking up a LOT.

His usual pattern is to go to sleep about 6:30 and wake up when I go to bed at about 10:00 to nurse. Then he would wake up another time or two between 1:00 and 6:00 to nurse again, and get up for the day at about 6:30.

Now he wakes up an extra time between his bed time and mine (no big deal). Plus he starts waking up EVERY FEW MINUTES (like, every 10 or 15) to nurse between 3:00 and 6:30 when he gets up, plus an extra time or two between my bedtime and 3:00.

Things that have changed: he sleeps in a crib now for naps and any time I'm not going to be in bed with him because he's mobile and I don't want him to fall off the bed. He still sleeps with us most of the night, though. He is also getting some solid food, but not consistently and not very much.

I can't figure out what's going on, but I need more sleep than this :(

Ideas?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• teething?? I know my son was awake more during the time he was getting new teeth.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Hmm... I mean, it's possible, but he already has 6 teeth, and I don't see any signs of any more coming in.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2011