How much space do you need?

How big is you home and how many people live there?
We just bought our first place and it is 700 sq feet. There are four of us.
I was just wondering how everyone else lives.
How much space do you have or want?

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 10:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• 1k sq feet, me and 2 children - so 3 of us. I don't feel like we need a lot of space, but our 'living' area is only 500 sq feet. With 2 stories, and the bedrooms/full bath upstairs, there's not a lot of room but what we have is plenty.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• DH and I live in a 2300 sq. ft. trailer house. He said he wanted something that didn't "look like a trailer house" but I would have been happy with a single-wide. His son lives with us on the weekend. We have a child together and now it's about to be 5 altogether. 2300 is just becoming too much to clean for me..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• 4 of us, on weekends there are 5 of us. We have a 5 bdrm and I never can remember the sq footage but I wouldnt say its small or large. Maybe 2200 sq ft.

Answer by gemgem at 10:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'd love to have a HUGE house- I think- but I'm happy with my 2 story apartment. It's not the biggest place I've ever lived, but it's comfortable for our family.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• 4 of us in 2300 sq ft fist floor and 2300 unfinished basement
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Approx. 1200 sq. ft. and there are 3 of us, plus 2 dogs, living here. There's also a basement of sorts, but you have to go outside & down two flights of stairs to get to it. It's two rooms, each about 120 sq. ft. The one room contains the boiler & hot water tank & the other is storage, except it's very damp, so we don't use it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• DH and I spent the better part of two years in a 98 sq ft. camper with a gotta go out the door sawdust toilet. We've upgraded now to a 160 sq ft. building. Still have to go out the door, but the toilet is ceramic and flushes lol!

We have 7 cats (who have an attached screen room to play in) and two of our four large dogs are always inside with us. My kitchen is separate and will remain so even once our house is done (which in the south is a blessing for someone who cans/dehydrates!).

It works for us. We're outside most of the day ~ every day. Between the livestock, the garden, and building/clearing we're pretty busy. When we're in we have our bed and/or puters, and I can clean my entire 'house' in less than 20 minutes.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We have a large home--even though there are only four of us and a dog. We custom built it 8 years ago, and we plan on living in this home indefinitely--it's 5500 sq. feet (including a finished basement that is 1500 square feet)--5 bedrooms, 4 1/2 baths.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We have about 1700 square feet for 4 of us. It's laid out so it's all usable space, but I still wish we had more space. I wish it had another bedroom, closet, and garage.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• There are 5 of us and our house is 2200 sq ft. Just enough room for us. I think it's the perfect size. not too big, not too small
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 12:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2011