May he rest in peace:( vent?

Joe (mydog) died last night in my arms at 3 am:( tears!!!
Even though he was 16yo. I did not expect him to die in my arms. I haven't slept all night.
I think I am still in shock!!!!

Asked by louise2 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pets

• OK Im a big sapp. *sniff* This brought back memories of when my sweet babygurl died in my lap. She was a Redbone Hound and literally my bff. Rebel was there when my mom passed, my 1st marriage ended, bf passed etc. She had a talent for making me and everyone else feel better and laugh. She could even worn us befor my mother would have a seizure. She had regular visits to the vet, like my child did the peditrician. And one day she just slowed down, got weak, then sick, and last stopped eating. I took her to the vet where they kept her a few days. They told me she had cancer in her stomach, liver,kidneys and cells in her bladder. She had been sick for a very long time, and we just missed it. She had no signs of any illness. Rebel was an active dog, had a healthy appetite, so loving and lived to please. So of course we didnt expect it. I took her home that day and she held out until just after the kids went to bed. and died on m
    MariJanesMomma

Answer by MariJanesMomma at 3:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm very sorry. This may help.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

It has always helped me and my family to think of it this way. I hope you find some comfort in it too.

hugs

MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I am sorry, animals become part of the family and its never easy.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm so sorry. The death of a loved pet is very painful. One of my moms beloved cats died in her arms and she just held and rocked the limp body all night. She couldn't let him go.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I am so sorry. As sad as it is right now it is so beautiful that he had you and vice versa at that special moment. It meant the most to my mom that she comforted our family dog when he died. It was a memory she carried forever and she knew she did the right thing. I hope wonderful memories will fill your mind soon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• It sucks when animals die. It's just as bad when you've had them for so long and then you watch them die.. I'm sorry you have to go through that.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• im sorryhugs

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I lost my puppy Eddie last month. It felt really weird. I held him and tried to revive him and I just sat there an cried. I was sad for like three days. It got a little easier. I still get sad when I see a picture of him. But it does get easier. I would strongly suggest looking into another puppy fairly soon. It's a good distraction. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm sorry. :-(
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011