Do you have any friends on fb that lie about stuff all the time?

I have a friend that she tries to make others think she is so much better off then she really is, sometimes we read her status and think really? Why lie to your friends that aren't around? i just don't get it.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep. I have a couple on FB that do that. I just laugh- they must be so miserable in their lives to have to make up new ones on the internet.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh I should also add she is always about how much she has, how great her life is, how she is a victim of the gf, and how she goes to church all the time blah blah.

Answer by gemgem at 10:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I take evrything they say with a grain of salt. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• LOL I just had one unfriend me who did that. She is a grandma with kids the same age as me, and her grandkids are the same age as mine. Anyway her son and gf split up and she went and started fighting with the gf and made a FB page for the gf and gave out her phone number. My dd is friends with the gf and told me. I asked her about it and she totally lied to me about it. Anyway she went onto my dds FB and started a fight with her knowing the gf is also on my dds page, which totally proved she WAS harassing this poor girl. I told her to grow up & take the situation to court but to leave my kid out of it. She unfriended me when she saw (guess she forgot whose page she was on lol) she had lied to me.

Answer by gemgem at 10:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yeah I have a buddy like that. She wont admit only reason she has a thing she has today is because the guy she married. She said she never wanted to be a golddigger but dats what she did. Also same gal says she doesnt wear foundation but when we were at the pool she wouldnt let me take her pic cause she doesnt have he r face on. I know she lying like damn bitch why u gotta be so freaking fake?
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh, yes..I know someone like that. When I had Facebook, she did it..and now that I don't, I get to deal with all her lovely texts about it. I don't know who she is trying to impress, but she reeks of desperation and seems to be fishing for compliments.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes I did but for other reasons they are not my friend anymore, I watched them say they had the perfect life, tried to make people think they are rich, so nice and caring when in reality I knew so much better. I just don't get why people lie about who they are or what they have, why can't they just be happy instead of blowing it up to be so much more, Gah total pet peeve of mine.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• lol...yes girl i totally understand i had some friends to do that as well..so i finally had to revise my friends list and delete a few people ..but what really get me is when people ask to be your friend on fb and they didnt even talk to you in school or outside the social network
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 12:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I have had ex-friends on facebook that have told some whoppers! Hence the "ex" before friends. I don't lie and I won't take other people lying to me. I just won't tolerate it! People that lie about who and what they are usually are hiding something that isn't "pretty" about themselves. Or it may be that they are so unhappy with themselves that they think they have to make up someone that other people will be impressed with. Well, a liar is a liar and they don't impress me in the least little way. They infuriate me!

gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 1:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Most of my friends, no. But there is one girl always posting about her perfect dh, kids and life. I've said this before on here, I wonder who she is trying to convince, us or herself lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2011