How can I get my picky eaters to eat more?

I have tried giving them a variety of foods, I leave the food out so that they can get it when they want, they have access to foods in the fridge and there always apples and bananas on hand. So far they get in the fridge and eat cheese or my son ate all the bananas in one sitting! I get the V8 fusion drinks for them but they just won't eat unless it cheese yogurt or bananas. Occasionally apple sauce. I don't know what more to do.

Sessy89

Asked by Sessy89 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• when you know let me know!! .. i have a 5 year old that is extremely picky..and has been since he was 1... good luck!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I hide zucchini & carrots in muffins. Maybe applesauce too. We give them 100% juice, Fusion, Breakfast drinks. Almost anything with extra vitamins and nutrients that they like, plus their daily vitamins. Just have patience. We've been fighting that battle for a year now. GL :)

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Put out a selection of only the things you want them to have for that particular meal or snack. They will not starve.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 12:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Here's a great article on picky eaters with lots of tips for you!
    http://www.helpmealison.com/picky-eaters.html
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 8:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• set up a eating schedule and let them eat at the correct times. This stopped my girleis from snacking all day and not eating meals. i woudl also tell your son he can have ONE banana a day not alll of them.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2011