Do you accept friend invites that are accompanied by the standard message?

You know, the "we have some things in common, I'd like to get to know you, etc etc etc" message.

I don't, because if you can't write your own message on why you want to add me, then I think you're just adding me to add me, not to be e-friends. The only time I do is if I've spoken to the person before, and I am already familiar with them..but that's different. I used to add random folks that sent the "lazy" intro but quickly discovered that we usually have nothing in common and they never talk. lol. I probably sound like a b*tch, but wait - I am. ;D

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 11:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No I don't. If you don't have a personal message stating why we should be friends, then I'm not going to take the time to ask why you think we should.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I usually will pm them and ask what it was that she thought we had in common. If she responds with a valid answer,I will

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I never do unless there is a personal message.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Depends, if it is someone new whose screen name I have never seen before, generally No. Because I don't know waht it is they think we have in common. If it is someone who I have interacted with regularly say in answers or journals or a group tehn Yes because I have already established that "similar interest" factor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I usually will check out their page before accepting the invite and, if they're playing the same game as I am (some of the CM games require friends to play) or if their page looks interesting, I'll accept. If I can't find a single thing of interest on their page, or if it is blocked, I'll email & ask why they want to be friends. If they don't answer, I don't accept the invite.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No not normally

Answer by gemgem at 11:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I do :) I'm a very friendly person.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Sometimes, if I recognize the sn. Usually not. I recently cleaned out my FB friends for the ame reason. I haven't seen you since 3rd grade, and it's flattering that you remembered and thought of me, but we're not really friends lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes of course. Why not? I do that sometimes mostly because I'm in a rush. Later on down the road if i find that they make no effort to message me or comment then i usually do a clean up & delete people that are inactive.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh & i think just adding to up your numbers is so lame. I don't get why people do that...i don't just want random friends that I'm never gonna talk to just so that i can say oooh look how many friends i have.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011