Red Face

My face is alway red and feels flushed anyone else have this problem? if so what do you use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The very first thing I thought of was checking your blood pressure. Though you may not feel it, it could be elevated. Do you have a problem with Rosasia? *Spelling......I have a red blotch on my left cheek that's pretty much always there, but it's nothing that is dangerous. I conceal it with a little makeup.
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I second asking your doctor about rosacea.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i'd first think rosacea, check with your doctor though.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I have the same problem. Have you ever tried mineral makeup(I use Physicians Formula)? What I do is get the mineral powder use about the size of a dime mixed with some good face lotion ( I se Dove) and mix together to make a foundation put on my face. I let that dry for a minute then use one of those little brushes and use the same mineral powder over top and it really helps with the redness.
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yes, possibly check for rosacea but also use products with active (towards the top of the list) calming ingredients like chamomile, aloe, azulene, and cornflower.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 12:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have that issue. I have rosacea, but it gets exacerbated by hormonal fluctuations and stress.

My favorite thing is Bare Minerals foundation powder. I use the small brush to pinpoint the very red areas, then go over with the big brush. It covers like magic, looks very natural, and doesn't upset my sensitive skin. And all in 1 to 2 minutes.

If you are interested, you to abre Essentials and have them find your color, or order a starter kit from Sephora (it comes with a few different shades to try).
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2011