I think i lost my mucus plug??

ill be 33 wks this wk and when i went to wipe after using the bathroom i noticed a snot like sticky/ stringy clear discharge.....could it be my mucus plug? if so does that mean ill be going into labor within the next few wks??

PrettyBaby24

Asked by PrettyBaby24 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could be. Mine always had a little pink with it. Towards the end of pregnancy having more discharge in general is also normal for some. I lost mine with my 1st 2 weeks before labor.

Answer by gemgem at 11:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Could be. It generally looks like a huge wad of snot, and it can be clear, yellow, green, brown, red... It's about the size of two large cotton balls. Can come out all in one or in little pieces. That could also just have been discharge. Losing your mucus plug isn't an indicator of labor. In fact, you may lose it multiple times, because if you DO lose it this early, it'll often regenerate. So while it's exciting, it doesn't mean much, in reality.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Might be the plug or just discharge.
    Losing your plug doesn't mean you *are* going into labor~~ even at 41 weeks.
    You may continue to see mucous (plug or not) for weeks, months before laboring.
    Nothing to worry about though.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• ok good. i was worried. although i cant wait for my baby im nowhere near ready for him to come yet and i want him to be full term
    PrettyBaby24

Comment by PrettyBaby24 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, happened to me 3 weeks later I had my baby at 37 weeks!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Mucus plugs are generally pink in color. It sounds more like a normal mucus plug. The best thing to do is talk with your OB or Midwife about your concerns. It is most likely something that won't harm you or your baby.

gailpen

Answer by gailpen at 12:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Could have been I sapose. I lost nine about 30min before I gave birth. It last pink in color with some brown and was about the size of a golf ball. Good luck to you!
    meghanconwell

Answer by meghanconwell at 2:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I lost mine at 28 weeks with my 5th baby but didn't have her until 38 weeks. They can grow back so it really doesn't mean much.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Mucous plugs come and go. Dont worry too much about it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2011