Allergies or more?

My dd is 6 yrs old and had the flu awhile back and was really sick. I have 5 kids but she was sicker then any of my other kids had really ever been. Now she has what I think is allergies. I get them pretty bad myself. We gave her some benedryl to help with the runny nose. This morning she woke up again, same runny nose, no fever, and is complaining she is cold. I covered her up, turned up the heat (its not cold in the house really), and she says she is still cold. I think she has the chills. She has no other symptoms, no stomach ache, no fever, just a runny nose. Any idea what this can be? Is it just allergies?

Asked by gemgem at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Absent of other symptoms, it sounds like allergies to me. I know when mine are really bad, like now with all the tree pollen I am cold all the time. Even yesterday it was 86 here and I was outside sitting in the sun, my hands were ice cold after 2 hours in the sun. The Dr told me I have no thyroid problem and no other imbalance and no heart or circulation problems. Im just one of those people who seems cold to the touch. Ask your Dr next time about it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I know my allergies have been really bad the last few days This website helps me alot. www.pollen.com/allergy-forecast.asp?.Hope your DD feels better. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• you may want to take her to the doctor and see what he has to say
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011