how to help my mom out

my mom just went thru her 3rd divorce. she's about ot hit 50, very financially stable and a lil sick of men...she has had bad luck pretty much. she keeps getting men less driven than her, dont make nearly half as much as she does, lazy and complete mama boy's to the bad extent. she asked me last night wha ti thought about her hooking up with a woman, now i dont care..if it makes he rhappy, then she can do it. she asked me "how do i find a woman" lol. im not sure how to help her with this being that im not a lesbian and ive never looked for woman, do you know any safe websites for her? or some type of resource? she's a very strong minded, matured, independent woman so i need to find someone near her age that is the same

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldnt encourage it myself. It seems that she has had a bad run of luck is all, and maybe she needs time alone to get to know herself instead of jumping from one relationship to another (whether with a man or a woman).
    Anonymous

• to add im not trying ot find her a date...but find her a resource where she can find one herself
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i thought about getting her a bird heh.
    she has always loved cockatiel birds but hasnt ahd one since she ahd me 24 years ago. ill name him boyfriend :-P or girlfriend hah
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Tell mom it's not the gender of the person in the relationship that causes the problem; however, if she is interested in exploring that part of her sexuality I hear www.plentyoffish.com and www.adultfriendfinder.com are both good. Not sure she'll find a partner in life as much as a sex buddy. If she just wants female friends tell her to get on Cafemom. They have lots of friends here. I have a group for women 50+. There are also groups for women who are bi-curious. Life is wonderful. Explore it to the max. Never went the female route myself but it's an interesting thought.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well.......its great honestly that you have a wonderful realtionship with your mom....thats awesome
    and i suppose she should lay off the men for a little bit, and the realtionship thing she doesnt need someone to whisper in her ear every night ...get her a teddy bear or somthing?!?
    im not sure where u find a woman for another woman, i wouldnt even know where to look honestly i wouldnt know what to do if my mother would have asked me that , it would have made me nervous and say whoa...is my mom bi or?????? well i dont beleieveeee at all in bisexuals if you like the same sex than ..your gay,..thats all....so maybe looking up a gay website for her, ?? i dont know ..good luck with this
    Anonymous

• I just spoke with a lesbian friend of mine and she's looking for a relationship. PM me or have mom contact me

Answer by admckenzie at 2:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Do you really think she's gay? It would be very unfair for her to engage another woman in a relationship if it were only the result of being disenchanted with men. And either way, she is bound to enter a relationship with a woman similar in makeup to the men she chooses until she addresses the issue. Women can be users and abusers just like men.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• honestly..my mother is in the medical field and it shows..every person she gets with she has to take care of on some level and be their lil "nurse, doctor, therapist" etc. she needs to stop that
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008