Japan : (

i knw everybody has to knw what going on n japan. im heart hurts for them. but im so scared at what looks like may happen. an not knwing how far it could hit if it blows. i knw we all nd to to go with r every day lives but am also thinkin twice when it comes to leavin the house away frm my kids. if something would happen i would to b with my kids. my husbands way of dealing is just putin it n the back of his mine...me i cant seem to stop putin on the news when the kids r not around. what do u think is going to happen? is it crazy of me to b this way? ive always have been that person that cant watch movies bout the n of the world...it makes me so jumpy an sick.

kelleyplus2

Asked by kelleyplus2 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, holy crap. If something were to happen, you would know WAY before hand. Your kids would be with you (unless you plan on leaving the country for weeks on end).

Why are there only two camps here? The uninformed fear mongering camp that says "This is EXACTLY like Chernobyl!! OMG!!!" and then the "It's nothing to worry about".... For fuck's sake, all anyone can actually do is be informed, and make rational decisions based off of ACTUAL information, not opinions or fears.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you want to live in fear that is your choice. How far do you feel like taking it? The next time you go to the grocery store you could get hit by a semi truck. Does this mean you won't go to the store anymore?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You'll make your health worse by worrying than by the radiation that's blowing across the Pacific. Ther is no need to start a pandemic, when it's not necessary. Turn off your t.v., read a book, play with your kids and enjoy your life.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Radiation kills cancer. Just think, some people may be cured without the expense.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterIm telling the actual TRUTH that the news IS telling us about!!!

The news..........telling us the truth..................!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• See first poster for uninformed fear mongering conspiracy theory.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• You get more radiation talking on your cell phone, should we get rid of those as well?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I second pps. Don't obsess. Don't watch the "Disaster Porn" on the 24-7 news channels. Don't think in such extremes. I'm picturing that scene from Airplane! Although I wouldn't slap you, I will suggest you calm the hell down and use your brain. If you are really concerned about radiation reaching you here in the US, please realize there are many more dangerous things to worry about. Get rid of your cell phone, your blue tooth, don't drive, don't interact with mainstream society, don't seek modern medical care, and stick your head a little deeper into the sand.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 12:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• some of yall r soundin like asses makin me sound like a crazy person

but am also thinkin twice when it comes to leavin the house away frm my kids.
    --------------------------------------------

Sorry that you feel that way but nobody is putting words in your mouth making you sound like anything.

If you are scared look up Chernobyl. Were you around for that? How much did it have an impact on you then?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• some of yall r soundin like asses makin me sound like a crazy person or something lol.. my only real worry is if they cant get it onder control an the damn place blows the hell up. im not a freak that wont leave the house just sayin i would want to b with my family if something like that does happen. i knw there not tellin us all the facts its the gov that what they do. i just want to knw how others feel about it. it does bother me an it is scarey
    kelleyplus2

Comment by kelleyplus2 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2011