My Son's Girlfriend treats him terribly

I feel so bad for him, but his girlfriend walks all over him. She flips out over the dumbest things, and he just sits there and takes it. He is so good to her, and she just treats him like dirt. He is only 18 so hopefully someday he will realize that some people are just not worth it. He has almost broken up with her multiple times, but they always seem to get back together...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• He is 18 and learning is all. I think they all go through one or two like that.

Answer by gemgem at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• mine was like that , thankfully he got rid of the bitch after her turnes 21 ...and before she got pregnant. She is due any day with some poor shcmucks kid, thank god it isnat my sons!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I just wish he would move on. I know there is some nice girl out there that would love to have him, and would treat him right. and vice versa.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I know it's tough and hard to see. But he is a young adult. Just be there for him, Im sure things will get better for him. when he starts to realize that what he has is not a relationship.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Watch from a distance mom, and stay out of it as much as you can, he is learning, and it is a process, but then again I think that there are men out there who like to be mistreated.......

Answer by older at 6:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I know its hard to watch your child go through this BUT there's really nothing you can do about it. The more you tell him about her, the more he'll draw to her. Good luck...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Our experiences, good & bad, help form who we are. I've had some pretty difficult relationships in my past, & they helped me realize what I would not put up with & what I wanted or expected from a good relationship. I've been w/ my wonderful husband for almost 15 yrs now & know I may not have found him had I not known what I was looking for! Hang in there mom, he will make the right choices when he's ready & he knows he's had enough. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Oh he's young, he'll snap out of it eventually and move on.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Eventually he will tire of it. 18 is very young. Give him time. If you badmouth the gf to him subconsciously he will rebel and try to prove you wrong. One time, my daughter had this awful boyfriend. When I stopped criticizing him and told her I thought he was so nice and perfect for her she broke up with him in two weeks! lol. Sometimes reverse psychology is the answer. Good luck!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• OMG, this is the same situation with my son. they broke up a few times, she even cheated on him and told him so on his birthday no less. but he takes it, but does tell my daughter when they talk that he doesn't care if they break up anymore. she is pyscho really. and her parents don't help because she doesn't live with them anymore. she lives with her sister and i tried discussing this with her and she says she is staying out of it, as long as she doesn't come home pregnant then she isn't interferring.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011