How much is the gas in your area & where do you live?

Just wondering... somethings gotta give, I don't know how much more we can take of this~ I am from the state of New York and the medium price for a gallon of regular gas is up to $4.29. Ugh!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• 3.98 in Arkansas
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'm in NY too. I got gas on Monday and it was $4.39. It seems to bounce between 4.20 and 4.50
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• $4.49 in Anchorage, AK but there are reports that in the Bush of Alaska (read : REMOTE) that the gas is anywhere from $5 to $7 or more as it costs more to get the gas there with the ice and stuff.
    tazzygurl611

Answer by tazzygurl611 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• $4.03 here in Ohio
    Karabeara78

Answer by Karabeara78 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I live in NJ -- gas is bouncing between $3.87 - $4.00 lately. AND they charge $.10 more per gallon now if you use credit/debit card.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Omg that is ludicrous to charge ten cents extra for credit/debit cards to boot! ...talk about insult to injury~ NY too I payed a week ago $4.40 and up the street it was 4.29 I checked 2 days later & those larcenist lowered it to 4.29. I only bought it there (Goshen, NY they own both EXXON & MOBIL accross the street from one another) b/c I was running extremely low & didn't want to take chances.

Anonymous

• The lowest I've seen is 3.98, highest is 4.05
    And I'm in Asheville, NC
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• The cheapest near me is $4.51 (Southern California)
    Until demand drops low enough, prices won't drop. That's the way a free market economy works.
    Yes, the oil companies are making huge profits. "Right" and "Wrong" don't come into it though, it's is what companies are supposed to do after all.
    The biggest problem is that WORLDWIDE demand has skyrocketed. There are so many countries wanting to buy the oil that the countries that sell it can charge what they like. There wasn't such a huge demand even just 5 years ago.
    I think our country's best bet is to increase oil production at home while ALSO forcing conservation (NO passenger car should have a lousy 18 mpg!) and greatly increasing alternative energy sources.
    If we don't have to buy it oversees, we don't have to compete with China to buy it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• its 3.99 in Florida
    Meli428

Answer by Meli428 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It's 4.12 in Arizona
    lupe7

Answer by lupe7 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008