I am 28 weeks pregnant. I need to do my heavy dusting this week before I put up Christmas decorations. Can I use Murphy's Oil Soap, or should I avoid it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would avoid it. i am not sure what is in it. I would look for those "natural" cleaners.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Not sure about the Murphy's oil soap- I'd check with your obgyn. But when I'm doing any type of cleaning like that while pregnant I wear gloves and a dust mask- and do it in little steps not all at once. Its easy to over-do-it. Try doing a little then taking a water and snack break then a little more- the dust isn't going anywhere, you can take your time : ) I also suggest you have someone else do the super high work- and not get up on a ladder- you can become off balance very easily and fall- NOT WORTH IT!
    Happy cleaning : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would go with the natural cleaners cause there is all purpose natrual cleaners. Plus they smell really good and they save you money.
    Anonymous

• murphy's oil soap is a natural cleaner and totally ok while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008