Have you ever sold gold at one of those kiosks?

I work on Sundays at a gold stand in the mall and the past 3 weeks it's been SOOO slow! So I was wondering... have you ever sold gold? Did you feel you got a fair price?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Shopping

• I sold some at my local jeweler's. But I did some research on the web as to how they figure the prices, so I went in with some knowledge. Yes, I feel as if I got a fair price... but if I hadn't looked it up I would have felt ripped off.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• No not a kiosk but at a reputable jewelry store I have. I got a great price for the chain and charm. Remember that gold is selling for about 1400. an ounce and scrap gold is only paying about 18 a gram IF your lucky, which is bull shit considering they take that gold, melt it back down to make ingots and sell it to another gold dealer to get the 1400 an ounce. MOST people are being taken advantage of when selling old gold jewelery. Just because they need the money is NO reason to screw people on a fair price.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Not at a kiosk, but I recently sold a gold bracelet that I found in my jewelry box and had forgot about. It was from an ex a long time ago. They gave me $175 and considering I had forgotten about the necklace, I was satisfied. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I also went to the jewelry store
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 6:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2011