Mom is in jail for a dui...do i bail her out?

So I got a call from the jail this morning. Didn't answer but I knew it was my mother. She is 56 and has had issues with alcohol and DUIs in the past. I refuse to answer and get her out due to the fact that she is an adult and this isn't the first time. She is dealing with my brother being in Afghanistan and 4 soldiers in his unit recently died so that is what us tugging at me to go get her. My stepdad refuses to get her too. I'm just not sure what to do...

lybra975

Asked by lybra975 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Leave her there.

Answer by gemgem at 12:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Leave her there. I know its stressful to have a kid in the military in a war zone but that is a pretty shitty excuse to drink and get DUI's Your Mom needs a GOOD rehab, NOT someone making and justifying her excuses for her behavior. Let her stay in jail. She CANT kill some innocent person or family behind the wheel of a car if shes in jail.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Not the first one? Leave her. She'll either wake up, or she won't.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Leave her there she needs the wakeup call. I feel for her but her dui could have cause another death.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would leave her there.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would leave her there. If she has to sit then she will be forced to think about what she has done. When she goes to court they may order her into AA.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't get her out.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• NOPE. That is her husband's job, not yours. She shouldn't have been drinking and driving, OH WELL.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• have you ever heard of an "enabler"? let her deal with the consequences of her actions.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Leave her there.
    Anonymous