Have you homeschooled your child then sent them back to public school?

I have homeschooled for a few years now and have decided to send her back to public school. We are too angry with each other everyday. I feel like I failed but by her own admittance, she takes advantage of me in school. I guess I just have a lot of emotions right now but deep down, I am glad she's going back. She has no interest in learning and I have always loved to learn so we constantly are frustrated. Have you homeschooled then sent them back? I HATE THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM !!!! BUT I HATE FEELING LIKE I"M GOING TO EXPLODE MORE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• I haven't homeschooled for that exact reason, I don't have the patience for it so it wouldn't be good for my kids. There is nothing wrong with public school, if you don't like the one in your area then see if you can open enroll her into another school.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Nope. My kids started out in public school but now they are homeschooled. It can be frustrating some days so I know what youre going through. My son is bipolar though and he cycles daily, so regular school isnt an option for him.

Answer by gemgem at 1:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I DID IT & WOULD NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN! my son had no interest what so ever in learning & to be quite frank with you i got really tired of beating my head up against the wall! i sent him back to public school just to watch him drop out when he turned 17 heartbreaking!, now he's going to a community college for his ged ~ it breaks my heart!

Anonymous

• I did. I never planned on being a homeschool mom and only planned on homeschooling for 1 school year to get her caught up since the school couldn't do it. She was only in public school for just under 2 months before we realized how much more she got out of home schooling. She was also frustrated with doing homework since she was used to doing all her assignments in 3-4 hours and then having a lot of free time. Don't be surprised if your daughter doesn't ask you to go back to home schooling.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• To LORNAMAY ~ did you let her come back home?
    Anonymous

• I homeschool but haven't sent my kids to public schools (only preschool). I have heard that many kids get frustrated in public schools after being homeschooled and want to go back. Good luck to you!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I plan on homeschooling. I might send her to Kindgarden in Public, so she can get the basics of reading if I can't do it first. But as soon as she turns 6, I am homeschooling her. I like public schools and what not, BUT ALOT ALOT ALOT goes on, and especially in this day and time, to much. Not that I'm tryin to sheild her from the world, but I feel I can do a better job at teaching her. I dont know...we'll see. My career choice will allow me to do it, so I dont know.
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I'm homeschooling my oldest and I do have plans to put him back into public school. I see nothing wrong with it. Do what you feel is best for you and your child. No need in keeping her at home if you too can't get along and nothing good is coming out of it anyway. Save both of you the stress.
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 9:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2008