SAHM's...

What is a typical day for you? Do you have certain things you do certain days? Do you schedule the day between activites for the kiddos and housework? Or do you just wing it everyday? Just curious. Every since my hubby's been back from deployment, I have such a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I was alone with both my kids for a while, and I made it work. I guess I expected too much to change when DH got back.. like you know, get so much more help, so I've been slacking off somewhat. But he's not picking up the slack, I'm just falling behind.

JDanesMommy

Asked by JDanesMommy at 1:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• no i dont have certain things i do certain days, i let my house kind of go when the weekends come but on weekdays, my main concern is laundry with 6 people, its hard to keep up on. i just kind of go with the flow, pick up where its needed and move on.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I try to do a schedule but I have an LO that every time I think she has a schedule she changes it, about every 2 weeks. I am a very schedule oriented person so this is driving me a little crazy.

There are a couple of things that are consistent and that is after her wake up feeding she will be content for about a half hour doing tummy time (she is now rolling all over the house) so I do the dishes, start laundry and do some general pick-up, oh and serve breakfast. My SO is not any help, he thinks clean is if there is nothing on the floor. So he calls that good.

perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have to have a schedule. If I don't, I tend to get overwhelmed! I divide my major chores by day. Its divided by kitchen, living room, bedrooms, bathroom/back entry way. On Sundays I look at my week. I consider work (I work 2-3 days depending), appointments, holidays, etc. Things that take less time, I do on days I am busier. So, for example, Mondays will be kitchen day, Tuesday living room day, Weds bedroom day, bathroom/back entry on Thursday. Things like picking up toys, dishes, putting laundry away, garbage I do everyday. And on weekends, I don't do any major housework on weekends. Just basic stuff.

Hope that helps!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• We just wing it. I clean when I realize the place is looking like a tornado hit. Lately I noticed that seems to be every Saturday. I do the dishes every other morning (or every morning if there is a lot of them). I do laundry on weekends (at least the kids' laundry). Otherwise the only things scheduled are school things. Up at 6:30 so we can leave by 7:30 to get to school on time. Pick them up at 2:20. After school stuff pretty much every day meaning going out to pick someone up at a different time or take one or another to a class at the park.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I work (online business) about an hour before DD wakes up. Breakfast/play/whatever time. Try to clean at least 1 room/day. Lunch, nap, I work again while she's napping. Time with her at park or something similar, etc.. get ready for kids off bus, cook evening meal, then DH home..

http://www.howtoearnfastmoney.info
    Anonymous

• No such thing as a typical day. So I wing it. My son goes to a half day program at a local Montessori so I use the time to clean, study for an upcomming test I have to take, and do errands. I also have reorganized the majority of my house but have a couple of rooms to go. I must have donated seven bags of clothes at least last week. I have only been doing this stay at home thing for a few weeks now. Two days a week I take my son to his on going therapy appointments (why I cannot have a full time job). So from day to day it changes. I most likely will be looking for something part time in six months or so. Bonus: I did get all my laundry done and my kitchen has never been so clean.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i clean on saturdays becouse no one but me and baby are home,i do dusting and all.my hubby is home tue - fri only works sat sun mon,so im lucky
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My days are always busy, check out my journal "being a Stay at home is hard work" which well tell you what me days are like. I'm very busy but I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. Try flylady.net which is a great site that helps with scheduling and upkeep of the house. Good Luck!
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 9:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2008