Is it extremly hard to make a pumpkin roll? Is it too hard for a beginner?

I want to try and make one of these and watched the video but....was wondering if I could pull it off. I love these and am mostly making it for me and my husband to chow down on!! We loooove them!!

sunnygrl2

Asked by sunnygrl2 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I made the chocolate roll.. the one in the kitchenaid mixer recipe book. It's actually pretty easy, but you can't skip any steps, that's for sure. Good luck!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It is really easy, actually. Make sure you have a clean, lint-free towel...floursack cloth towels are the absolute best, and you can find them almost everywhere these days...even Wal-mart. Dust it liberally with powdered sugar, then invert the baked cake onto it. Make sure you line your pan with parchment too, before baking the cake. You'll want to roll it while it's still hot, and the secret is to let it cool completely before you unroll. Press your finger into the center of the roll to make sure, because it can still be warm even when the outside is cool.
    Work quickly to fill and re-roll, and your set.

I make a Buche de Noel at Christmas time...Yule Log. Once you've done it, you'll see it really is so much easier than it looks!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008