Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken Recipe
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups milk, divided
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
* 8 slices bread, cubed
* 12 thin slices deli ham, rolled up
* 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
* 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
* 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk. Stir in the butter, celery and onion. Stir in bread crumbs.
* Place half of the mixture in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the rolled-up ham, cheese and chicken. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour half over the chicken. Repeat layers once.
* Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°.
Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2011
Answer by TJones32 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2011
Answer by berryhappy1971 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011
Answer by berryhappy1971 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011
Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011