Yea i was reading about kegels, but do I just tightin my va jay jay and thats it?

how long should i hold it for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Clench it tight and hold for about 10 seconds then release and repeat. It you like, get a small weight to squeeze. You can do them anywhere any time.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• you should feel your lower abdomen tighten up and in and if your sitting up in a chair you should be able to feel the area around your parineam (sp) tighten up and in also. you can order weight sets online. a pelvic floor physical therapist told me to hold it for 6 seconds then release (completly! if you don't relax the muscle completly it does not work) and the do 2 fast (squeeze squeeze). she also told me to do 3 sets of 10 a day but that was after a very invasive pelvic floor surgery i had so you could probably do more. she did say that they work the best if you hold for 6 seconds and then squeeze squeeze.
    Anonymous

• I heard ten seconds, and that you SHOULDN'T be able to feel the movement elsewhere, otherwise you're using the wrong muscles...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008