Does your husband ever undermind you? kinda long sorry.

my husband took a new job that didn't work out. he had quit a decent job for this and now that were struggling even more i had to find additional ways to save money. only found one. we have 3 cars. 2 which are paid for and one that we make payments on. we can't get rid of that it's a van and our family is growing. my oldest son used to drive the civic so we made him pay the ins and gas for it. which saves us about $49, my mazda costs us $71 which is the most expensive car to insure so decided to uninsure it and have done so. since my husband new job isn't working out he has been home during the day since there is no work so he has been security at night and some very few day security. so if you add the $49 plus the $71 =$120 in savings. either way he could use the van for his work. since i don't really need it. i usually just go to the park and rarely run errands. well i figured i could get a bike and bike seat and my daughter ride her bike with me following her with the baby in the seat to go to the park. well now my husband is driving the civic and won't take the van for any reason at all. so i don't think it's fair to conitnue to have my son pay for the ins since it's not exclusively his car anymore. so really with my mazda parked i'm only saving $21 now. since now i have to pick up the ins on the civic. i suppose that is better then nothing but my husband knows why i did it. yet he refuses to work w me even though he knows it's just temporary. what can i do to get him to see that he is being unreasonable and selfish about this whole situation. we really don't need the extra car, i'm thinking of selling my car if he is going to be this way about the whole thing. i'm trying everything i can to save money and he won't work with me. i'm in a constant state of stress and i can't take it anymore. i made him start paying the bills so he sees we are struggling yet he doesn't seem to get it.what would you do?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• UnderMINE?
    Its hard to communicate but try to reason with him and make it easy for him to listen and not tune out. Its a good idea to have him deal with the bills and get an dea of the reality of it all. It doesn't look like yoy need 3 cars. Wow. There are so many ways to cut down on expenses. Get some advice form a Banker--a Financial Officer-- where you Bank.
    Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• he drove the mazda and he won't let my son drive the van. so i can't have my son pay ins on that. we have the civic which is car, the mazda is mine and the van is ours. we each brought our own cars and then bought the van when we had our first child and i brought 3 into the marriage. my so won't let my son drive any other cars even my mazda which is mine. the civic is the least of value and is why he has let him drive it. my son has been in a couple of accidents. maybe i should just make my son drive my mazda either way! and exclude hubby from it since he insist on driving the civic.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• sounds tough. its your mazda you can do whatever you want with it!! i hope he learns to work with you soon, or he may find himself paying bills for one person.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2011