Do you have friends

That expect you do make all the contact? Like you have to call them, or go to their house, or email them? I had one friend like that. It wasnt like that when I lived close to her, but I moved and since then I have been making all the contact. One time she came into town and she called me the day before, (I already had plans) she said she would call me on Sat, so I waited all morning and no call. Had she called me I would have changed my plans. I was going to the movies and dinner with my family and my brothers family, but if she called friday night or sat morning I would have canceled with my family and made them with her. She didnt call me until 4:30 when she was getting ready to leave then got mad at me because I had other plans. I have not heard from her since and I am not going to call. im tired of having to be the one to make all the efforts in friendships. I will stop being friends if I am the one making the effort. What about you?

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I had a friend who I just stopped talking to a couple of weeks ago.
    She always called but not until I called her and left a message, even then it was days before she called me back, then would get upset I had to get off the phone to serve my family dinner. She said I was choosing my DH over her.
    First off I know she is single and lives away from family, but I would just call to see if she was alright.
    Now I just have to leave it to her family to worry about.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yeah but I told him to kick rocks and now I feel better
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Yes, I had a friend like that. We no longer see each other because of it. It gets old fast.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• right now i'm not sure i would end it over that but thats just cause i only have one friend. i want another closer friend like i used to have. so i guess you could say i'm desperate for a friend.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Im sorry Melody, I know what you are going through. Id love to have a friend right now, I have my SIL but I want a FRIEND! I want someone to come over on the weekends and play games with and someone I can call and talk to and laugh and cry with. I dont have that anymore and would love to have it again. I feel your pain. Its so hard making friends now. It stinks.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• my best friend for 10 yrs and i do that. we have from the beginning. maybe thats why we have never fought or why we are still together. lol she helped me give birth to my son, my best friend on one leg, my df on the other. i call her my sons other mommy. lol. we will call each other everyday and talk for hours or months, then nothing for months.
    it works for us i guess, but i would like her to be around more now that im home all the time. but she is busy with work and school so i understand
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Well i do understand where you're coming friend. I got a friend that i've been friends with for more than 25 plus yrs and she is still stuck in the 8th grade. Wants to play childish games.....Start fights where she'll get her other firends involved with wats happening with us.... Idk wat to do.. Do i stay friends with her or more on?????
    Cherryblossum32

Answer by Cherryblossum32 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Cherryblossum, as much as it might hurt I would stop being friends with her. I had a friend who was my bestest bestest friend growing up. She would not call me and when we did talk she wasnt nice she was kind of snotty and when I told her I was pg with twins she got a major attitude. So I sent her an email and pretty much said the ball is in your court, if you want us to be friends great if not Im sorry she was to respond to the email. She didnt. So I stopped talking to her. At times I wish we were still talking but its ok. Do what you feel is best. I personally wouldnt put up with stuff like that. Friends dont do that to friends. Its crazy and your an adult now.
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2011