How hectic is working as an interpreter?

I think I can do it. But my aunt is an interpreter around the clock. She says its hard to be on call. Are there any regular hours for working as one? Any experience anyone?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well, we used to be part of the deaf community, where we lived, cause we worked with the deaf at church. I know the interpreters there were always on call,but they got paid very well. But, they had to go everywhere, court, doctors, you name it. Not sure what kind of intepreter you are talking about, but that's the only one I've really been part of.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• that was helpful, but i was talking about arabic english language. i speak both very fluently and also different dilects of the arabic countries.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My cousin in law does it for the Italian consulate in Chicago. She just LOVES it, despite the hectic scheduling. She LOVES her job.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh, ok,sorry bout that. I figured it was some language, but as I said, I've only been around the deaf. Good luck,hope you are able to find out.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I think if you can't spell it you won't make it. Just sayin'
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 11:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2011