I just completed a medical assistant class online and I am wondering where I can start working

I have the book knowledge, I just have not done any actual on the job training yet and I am very anxious to start my new career

wmays

Asked by wmays at 1:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Money & Work

• You can start working at any doctors office that will take you....a clinic is your best bet.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You need to find out how much hands on training you need before you can get certified. When I did my phlebotomy course I had to have 100 recorded sticks within my 2 week intern time. Just call around and see if anyone will take you, but it might be hard to do. For one, thier insurance has to be able to cover you, and they will have to have a person that they can pair you with that can teach you. GL
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Ouch, 100 sticks? For me it was 100 hours of book work, and 50 hours of clinical with 40 SUCCESSFUL venipunctures. 100 is a lot!

But yeah, I did not think about that, you completed the class but did you get your license? Did you take the test and actually get it done, or is there a set amount of on the job training you have to do first? That is something you need to look into. Pretty much any medical license requires you to take a test of some sort to get your license.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008