Could I be pregnant? Increased mucus right after period?

We were trying to get pregnant last month -- And I thought FOR SURE I was! I knew exactly when I was ovulating (Ovulation predictor test, and mucus). And then I got my period this past Sunday! :( This would be my 3rd baby so I feel like "I KNOW" when my body is pregnant. I was disappointed that I got my period (but I have heard you can still get it and be pregnant, especially the first month.) But after the last day of my period - the following 2 days I have had an increase of mucus. Just wondering if this could be a sign of pregnancy? Because I always thought you are supposed to have a very dry few days after period.
(Side info, before everyone says Just test!!! -- I did take a preg test the day my period was due -- and it was Neg. BUT for my first two kids I did not test positive until about 7 weeks. Must be I produce a very low amount of the hcg hormone. IF I was pregnant, I'd be about 5 weeks right now) Thanks everyone!!!! :)
ALSO---TMI, but I have noticed a different "smell" today....and yes, I am clean! :) Just seems weird...??

VanLoon12

Asked by VanLoon12 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You could just have a cyst that ruptured too. All women get them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Which caused the bleeding you mean?
    VanLoon12

Comment by VanLoon12 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you had your period, you are probably not pregnant. Increased mucus could be from ruptured cysts. They are common after your period
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2011