33 weeks! & cant breathe

well im 33 weeks pregnant and when im walking up the stairs in my house i cant breath. sometimes it gets so bad that i start to panic and it gets worse. is there anyway that i can help this or make it a lil easier to breathe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nope and it's going to get worse the further you get along. But when you push out the baby u can automatically feel the diffrence. Your close just try not doing so much. With my first baby i got to the point where i couldn't go up any stairs and i wasn't over wieght or anything i just got that big with the baby. Plus im kinda short lol
    Anonymous

• It will get worse but one thing you can try and I am not sure I can explain this well is when you start feeling that way take deep breaths like you're breathing them into your stomach and not your chest. (My doc taught me this trick) I have the same problem and I am only 26 1/2 weeks!! I keep thinking it will get easier since I do it so much, but it gets harder every day. Good exercise though lol. Good luck hon! I hope this was helpful!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• The only thing that will help is when the baby drops down into your pelvis. I'm 36 weeks right now and I'm still having trouble breathing deeply. I try to stretch my body out a little too, even if I'm standing up so that he can have a little more room. That seems to work for a few seconds, long enough for me to stop feeling like I'm gonna pass out. If it gets really bad, try sitting down on the stairs and rubbing your belly for a second, long enough to get your breath back then keep going. I've had to stop dead in the middle of the grocery store before and lean on the cart...
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 2:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Unfortunately, no. It's going to get tighter and tighter in there until baby comes out. You may get some relief when (if) baby drops, but not everyone does. Just hang tight, Mommy, and try to see the good in it: you're growing a big, healthy baby in there.

I'm at work, my son has been out for three months, and I'm LONELY without him in there! I would gladly feel that pain again!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2008