I will be trying to get pg in june and I was on bc for almost 2half years what do I need to look for. I have a doctors app. tuesday what ? I might need to ask the doc about getting pregnant? AND THIS WILL BE MY FIRST CHILD.

1979715

Asked by 1979715 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Start tracking your ovulation beginning with your next period
    Learn your ovulation signs and get some ovulation predictor kits

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Start seeing how many days your cycles are, count day as as the day your period comes and the last day is the day before your next period starts. The avg is about 28 days and you should ovulate 14 days before you start your next period so finding out how long your cycles are is essential for figuring out when to have sex to get pregnant. You can look up online ovulation calculators and input how many days your cycle is etc and they will give you a calander and the best days to have sex to conceive. Generally you want to start having sex 3-4 days before your ovulation day, the day you ovulate and the day after. depending on what birth control you were on you may not ovulate for a few cycles but some women ovukate right away, Good Luck!!!
    TattooedMama87

Answer by TattooedMama87 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i agree with butterfly. also, just for encouragement. i got pregnant the first month i went off bc and i was on it for 5 years. gl!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2011