Why do teenagers spend all their time in their room adult content

I have an 18 yr old who is in her last year of high school. If she is home she is in her room. She doesn't have a computer or a TV with cable so I can't imagine what she does in there besides texting.
When she is out of her room she has nothing to say, is this too normal?

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 3:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree. I'm 23 and when I was a teen I would stay in my room because I didn't want to deal with my dad. I would read alot watch a little tv and talk and text on my phone heaps... U will probably find she wants her own space. I wouldn't worry, besides if she had a problem she couldnt get herself out of she would eventually come to u anyway

Dont stress to much, she just wants to do her own thing. U could ask her to go out to dinner or ask what she would like to do to spend a bit of time with u to improve ur relationship too. I would avoid any topics of conversations that u no is or would be uncomfortable for her to but most of all take it slow with her and don't push her to much.
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• to avoid uncool parents, and uncomfortable topics of discussion with them
    Satiblue

Answer by Satiblue at 3:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• *I was on the phone a lot too

*******************

My daughter is 17 and reads a LOT, and also likes to be on the phone or singing so she wpends a lot of time in her room- BUT she actually likes to hang out with me too, we watch youtube together, talk and we watch movies too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My first, sarcastic response, was spanking the monkey. LOL!! Sorry, I have a teenage boy. Anyway, it is normal and there are many reasons. Teenagers just like privacy. She could be reading, listening to music, sleeping, talking or texting friends. She could just want to avoid talking to her parents because at that age parents aren't just cool.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I used to stay in my room all the time because everyone in my house fought and yelled like no one's business.

I still think the main reason I went away to college was to get away from it all.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Because they think adults are "lame and embarrassing" and want nothing to do with us
    Its hormones

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

^^^

This
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Well, when I was a teenager I stayed in my room reading, writing, and thinking a lot. I had a TV, but I only watched it once or twice a week. Every teenager has their own reasons, though. Some like to think, some like to read, some like to write, some just don't want to be around their family, some like to text, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I always wanted to listen to music and my parents wanted NO part of that so I spent my time in my room
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• that is very normal... teens are on a whole new level in life then us where we just don't know or understand cause we never went through what they did... but we also aren't as cool as there friends either... but try talking to her or having some girl time that may help.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011